- I'm a relative of a victim
If someone close to you has been a victim of crime, it can have a big impact on you too. You might:
- want to find help for them
- be upset or scared
- be dealing with money problems or having to move home
You can find local help for you and your relative by entering your postcode in the box at the bottom of this page.
Get police help
If you feel threatened in any way, contact the police.
If it's an emergency, call 999. Otherwise you can call them on 101 or go into your local police station.
A number of different things can happen after you or your relative reports a crime. Find out:
- how long the investigation can take
- who you might meet
- what happens if either of you have to give evidence in court
Understand what support to expect
The government has set out what information and support victims of crime should expect from services like the police and courts. It’s called the Victims’ Code.